8:30 update: Visibility 200 yds, cloud layer moving up and down. Groomers reporting in at 5 am this first day of the New Year with an inch of new snow on the 24 hour stake. Snow fell lightly and regularily yesterday and then dropped off over night. The wind is calm and the temperature 10 degrees. There is a thin layer of fog over the very top of the mountain this early morning, expect that to clear and the sun may pop through today. High pressure is building and the coming few days are forecast to be sunny. The new snow groomed in beautifully for soft carving corduroy. Come up for New Year’s Day on the slopes, make a resolution to enjoy winter sport. Wishing everyone a great 2013!
- Report Updated: 5:15 am
- New Snow Overnight: 0 in.
- 24 Hour Total: 1 in.
- Snow Conditions: packed powder, machine groomed
- Wind Speed/direction: ca.m
- Snow Depth: 55 in.
- Temperature: 10.2°
- Visibility: 200 yds, clouds moving up and down
- Handle Tow, Thunderhead, Olympic Lift, Crystal Lift
- Handle Tow: Mighty-Might, Never-ever Land
- Thunderhead Lift: Lakeside Run, The Glades, Badrock, Pochelon's Powder, Long Branch, Snowslip, Radar, Snow Blower, Meadow, Damnation, Emmons Ridge
- Olympic Lift: Widowmaker, Easy Out, Crossover, Cold Camp
- Crystal Lift: Blacktail Run, Short Branch, Clearcut, Independence Park, Taildragger, Cabinet View, West Ridge, White River, Buck-snort