8:30 update: snowing, 5 degrees F, wind 5 mph South, quarter mile visibility. COME ON UP! Temperature is inverted, watch the temp climb as you’re headed up the mountain. Groomers reported in this Friday morning with a temperature of 0 degrees F, their shift began with a reading of -10F, the warm-up has begun. At 5am it is snowing lightly and there’s a slight wind from the south at 5 mph, calm on the north facing slopes. Since last open the snow stake reads 6 inches of new snow. There has been some drifting and shifting around but a nice layer of soft lovely snow awaits. A moist Pacific system is moving in bringing snow and moderating temperature. It is still cold, so dress for it, but it is going to be a good day to catch some powder.
- Report Updated: 8:20 am
- New Snow Overnight: trace in.
- 24 Hour Total: 6 in.
- Snow Conditions: powder, packed powder, machine groomed
- Wind Speed/direction: 5 mph S
- Snow Depth: 87 in.
- Temperature: 5°
- Visibility: reduced due to snow, quarter mile
- Handle Tow, Thunderhead, Olympic Lift, Crystal Lift
- Handle Tow: Mighty-Might, Never-ever Land
- Thunderhead Lift: Lakeside Run, Long Branch, Radar, Snow Blower, Emmons Ridge
- Olympic Lift: Widowmaker, Easy Out, Crossover, Cold Camp, Rob's Run
- Crystal Lift: Blacktail Run, Short Branch, Independence Park, West Ridge, Buck-snort