9:50 update: Patrol reporting groomers awesome, EXCELLENT CONDITIONS top to bottom. Spring Skiing at it’s absolute best!! Groomers reporting in this morning with 2 inches of new snow on the 24 hour stake. Yesterday was a crazy day starting out with fog moving in that was thicker than Kurt had seen in his 16 years of working at Blacktail! In lifting it did not burn off, it SNOWED and the day just kept getting better. Heard alot of “boy I’m glad I didn’t miss it” as the snow mixed in and temps warmed, clouds finally lifted completely late in the afternoon for the beautiful views. Today we are starting out at 11 degrees with slight breeze and high thin clouds. Expect temperature to warm and increased sunshine. The snow is great with the 4+ inches of the last two days having mixed in really nicely for great groomers and the glades riding beautifully too. Purchase your 2014-15 Season Pass and use it today, other Montana ski area season pass holders get the half day rate as do college IDs. We are enjoying alot of winter this spring up here on Blacktail out on the slopes. Boy you had better not miss it!
- Report Updated: 5:20 am
- New Snow Overnight: 0 in.
- 24 Hour Total: 2 in.
- Snow Conditions: powder, packed powder, machine groomed
- Wind Speed/direction: 1 mph S
- Snow Depth: 134 in.
- Temperature: 11 F°
- Visibility: unlimited
- Handle Tow, Thunderhead, Olympic Lift, Crystal Lift
- Handle Tow: Mighty-Might, Never-ever Land
- Thunderhead Lift: Lakeside Run, Long Branch, Radar, Snow Blower, Meadow, Damnation, Emmons Ridge
- Olympic Lift: Widowmaker, Easy Out, Crossover, Cold Camp, Rob's Run
- Crystal Lift: Blacktail Run, Short Branch, Independence Park, West Ridge, White River, Buck-snort