In driving to the mountain top, regardless of whether you are an expert or novice skier/snowboarder, everyone starts at the top on Blacktail Mountain. Views from Flathead Lake to Glacier Park and of the Mission, Whitefish and Cabinet Ranges surround. On this “upside-down hill” you have a top to bottom run in before riding a chair!
Season & Hours of Operation:
9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
Open February 20th for President’s Day and every day of Christmas Season, December 21st~January 1st.
November/December -April, snow dependent
Over 1000 acres of National Forest
1440′ of vertical elevation
Top elevation: 6780′
Longest Run: 1.75 milesChairlifts:
Crystal- Double Chair
Independence Terrain Park:
Long narrow box, short wide box, double barrel shotgun, single rail into jump, log ride into A frame, flat to down, big jump, spool ride and rollers.
Lift Capacity: 3900 people/hour
Average annual snowfall: 250″
100% natural snow
To apply for a position, please download this Employment Application, print it, complete the form in black ink, and mail it to the office or drop it off. The application is in pdf format, if you are unable to view the file you will need to download and install this free version of Acrobat Reader.
– Clean all three floors of main lodge. Light maintenance work. Heavy lifting is required.
– Wait staff, cook staff, bartenders, dishwashers for restaurant and cafeteria. Cooking, cashiering, cleaning, serving, all usual tasks involved in food service. Must be able to handle multi-tasks as assigned. Lifting required. Pleasant personal and neat appearance is required.
– Friendly and personable to assist customers with purchases, knowledgeable about products, design displays and rotate them, create signs on computer, be proficient in money handling and operating cash register, stock shelves, do inventory, and clean shop.
– Maintain and operate machinery involved in the operation of ski slopes and trails, parking lots, and roadways. Previous experience is helpful.
Ski/Snowboard Rental Technician
– Assist guests with equipment rental needs. Fit boots, select proper ski/board, adjust bindings, tune and repair inventory. Use of hand tools and power tools. Help guests with various equipment needs, problem troubleshooting, etc. Experience required.
– Safely assist guests on and off lifts; maintain safe loading and un-loading areas. Assist with ticket checking, crowd control, litter control. Must be able to work outdoors in various weather conditions.
– Provide safety services to guests. Provide medic attention and evacuation from the mountain for injured persons. Enforce area safety rules and performance policies. Maintain proper slope and trail conditions through signage, fencing, closures, etc. Provide breaks to lift operators. First responder certification is a minimum. Must be able to safely use snowmobile, chainsaw, and variety of hand and power tools.
– Must be able to ski/board at least at intermediate level. Good communication skills, patience, desire to work with kids and adults. Willing to attend pre-season training sessions. PSIA certification is helpful.
– Operates register to sell lift access, rental equipment, ski school lessons to guests.
The Blacktail Mountain X-Country Ski Trails are maintained by the North Shore Nordic Club using volunteers and through local fundraising efforts. Visit their website at www.northshorenordic.org.
The trailhead and main parking area are located off Blacktail Road about 8 miles up from US 93. There is a small upper parking area about 1.5 miles farther up Blacktail Road. The trails are groomed for classic and skate skiing seven days a week from December 1 through March 31, weather permitting. No motorized vehicles, snow bikes or walking without snowshoes are permitted on the groomed trails at anytime. Well behaved dogs under the control of their owners are allowed on the trails. Please respect the other skiers and clean up after your dog.